Job Opportunity (Smalltalk and Seaside)
Update (August 4th, 2010): The position has been filled and we’ll be sure to let you know when we’re ready to consider more folks to join us!
We are pleased to announce that DeepCove Labs are looking for another full-time developer to join our agile team of long time Smalltalk fans. Our primary focus is evolving and maintaining mature industry leading international payment processing platform that we have built from the ground up over the past 10 years as well as developing new and exciting products for financial services industry.
Ideal candidate is someone who has experience with Smalltalk, Seaside and SQL. They must be enthusiastic, motivated and as excited about using cutting edge technology to solve business problems as we are. Good task management and time management skills are a big plus as we work as equal peers and share roles every day of the week. We are not XP fanatics, but some things are second nature to us,
- keeping things simple
- plenty of unit tests
- no code ownership
- frequent integration
- lots of refactoring
- frequent releases
- no overtime
- our customer shares the same address
Our primary requirements are as follows,
- at least five years general software development experience
- several years experience developing with dynamic languages (Smalltalk, Ruby, Python, Lisp)
- one year recent Smalltalk experience
- experience developing applications of at least moderate complexity
- demonstrated experience working directly with users
Experience with any of the following would be a major plus,
- agile test driven development
- SQL (or, more specifically, Microsoft SQL Server)
- financial services
- deployment of large scale applications
Our primary office is located in the heart of Vancouver (Canada), steps away from the Pacific Ocean, beautiful parks, shopping and entertainment district and all major transit connections. We also have an office in Shannon (Ireland) if you prefer to reside in Europe. All employees receive excellent health/dental benefits package and few other perks.
We like to think we are an open, flexible and friendly place to work, so please drop us an email with your resume if you are interested.